Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New York! and Chocolate Pistachio Cream Cheese Danish Bread

Sorry for not posting in awhile. School. That's all I have to say about that.

However! I'm off to NYC for a week to visit friends, eat tasty vegan food, and pine over the fact that I couldn't fly my bike up with me this time. Sigh. At least I'll be hitting up the Siren Festival on Saturday (with the possibility of press/backstage passes...!) If you have any suggestions for food places or things to do, let me know. I've been to New York quite a few times, but always on my bike and with races and such going on, so this trip is really different for me.

I'll leave you for the week with my 2nd Danish Braid. This one I filled with vegan cream cheese, chocolate chips, and pistachios. My mom makes a danish bread type thing with chocolate chips and cream cheese every Christmas, so I thought I'd play around with that. Can anyone say instant amazing? You should. You should also make it. (smile)

I hope you all have a good week! Be back next Wednesday!

Cream Cheese Chocolate Pistachio Danish Braid

1 recipe Danish Bread

1 8 oz Tofutti Cream Cheese
3 tbsp sugar
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup pistachios, chopped


Prepare Danish Bread per linked recipe.

In a bowl, whip the cream cheese and sugar together. Add more sugar if desired. Add chocolate chips and pistachios. Mix.

Fill Danish Braid recipe and bake as instructed.

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ah yes, school - I understand completely.

Ahh, have a FABULOUS time in NYC (but then again, how could you not?? Haha).

Vegan_Noodle said...

That sounds like the perfect danish filling. I wish I had more dough!

Have fun in NYC! I just got back from there on Monday and enjoyed Blossom Cafe, Red Bamboo, Sacred Chow, and Candle Cafe. And of course, definitely hit up Atlas for some Vegan Treats desserts!

Leigh said...

Yum on the danish bread. Have fun and travel safe!

Unknown said...

Have loads of fun in New York!!! Your danish bread w/ filling looks so decadent and delicious (lot of d words). Mouthwatering!

Pink Theory said...

omigoodness! those remind me of some fancy French pastries that I used to eat pre-vegan days in high school French class...though I guess these are Danish. But the point is that they look heavenly!! Thanks you for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

hooray for you and NYC! have fun.

Shellyfish said...

Have fun in NYC! And your danish sounds like the perfect combo of flavours!!

BitterSweet said...

Nice! I'm still thinking about what to do with my extra dough.... Any way, have fun in the city!

Destiny's Kitchen said...

I cannot believe how good those look!