Sunday, March 2, 2008

Peace Offering

It's been a long time since I posted... I'm alive, I haven't dropped off the face of the planet (although I feel like I have sometimes)... I'm just in a strange transitional state. I don't cook much (or anything worth posting) these days, and I haven't baked in ages. I was on a liquid diet of sorts over winter break (haha) and haven't recovered the culinary bite since then. So today, Sunday, after a long weekend of sorts (all day philosophy conference, heavy drinking following) I decided to reorganize my life (in addition to doing the dishes, which I'd managed to put off for a week) and I cooked! Well... sort of. My peace offering to the blogging community is in the form of "I don't have time to cook but I want something tasty" form. This could be a three ingredient dish, although I threw in some extras. It works with whatever you've got in your fridge and is a total last minute dish prep-wise. Do keep in mind that it takes an hour or so to bake. Without further ado, my Italian polenta bake.

Italian Polenta Bake

Pre-heat the oven to 350.

1 tube of polenta, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
1 yellow squash, sliced into rounds
handful of mushrooms, halved or quartered
handful of sun-dried tomatoes, cut into small strips or diced
1 jar of tomato/spaghetti sauce


Place the polenta rounds in a small-medium sized caserole dish. Cover with a layer of spaghetti/tomato sauce. Layer the zucchini, squash, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes. Cover with sauce. Bake for one hour or until the vegetables are tender.

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

you're back!! thank goodness!! I was getting worried!!

oooh, that polenta bake is the best peace offering I've ever seen - yum!